AEROFANIA •


Diploma Show, World Trade Centre, Poznan, PL
14.06.2010
performance art piece, action, site - specific art

Master's project advisors: ad. dr Dominik Lejman (Painting Studio) & ad. dr Miroslaw Balka (Studio of Spatial Activities);
M.A. Thesis Advisor: prof. dr hab. Roman Kubicki

Intention / Subject matter :
to transmit light; to find transparency and ask about it, to create transparency, to use words and try to change their meaning; to ask about clarity, translucency, diaphaneity, lucidity, pellucidity, limpidity, fluorescence, transillumination, translumination, transparent medium, glass, crystal, lymph, vitrite, water; to find transpicuous body-wall; to point surrounding and environment, to ask about childhood as a unrecognizable and unidentified, to play without knowing the rules of a game, to show the observation, to learn how to observe, to find the subject and the object, to appear as a director and as a performer, to be visible and invisible; to showcase, sport, spread, stage, streak, submit, supply; to prologue the documentation
To give input.

Instrument used to shape / medium :
Graduation Committee judges, other viewers, me as a performer, me as a director of something which never came, me as a metronome, metronome, special platform - build using piece of plastic wall board I've found in the World Trade Centre ( a place of action ) and a mattress with sheet I've taken from home, a piece of leather, a ballet pointe shoe

Action :
During the action there was a metronome clicking. I set the metronome at a very slow speed .
I stood on my knees on the platform waiting for viewers / they were late 25 minutes. Next I walked down on my knees, took a piece of leather, got up on my toes and walked all over the space as long as I was able wrapping my hips .
In the end I felt down on my back and slowly went out in that position .

I changed the metronome speed to very fast .


Documentation : Ewa Manuszewska














MAGDALENE OF THE SKIN COSMOS 2012/2013