ODDZIEL JASNE OD SŁOŃCA / seperate light from the sun ••


IV PERFORMANCE ART FESTIVAL " koło czasu ", Centre of Contemporary Art Znaki Czasu in Torun, PL
12. 2010
action, performance art, land art, site - specific art



Intention :
to explore the space outside the Institution, to accept everything what exist outside, to show limits and possibilities;
to explore the space inside the Institution, to accept some parts of the inside, to point the limits and possibilities, to show my limits and my possibilities and my interest of the human body in Movement.
To give input.


Tools :
white textile, purpose darkness outside and inside


Action :
I went out, asked someone I met there to hold the textile and stay close to the wall and slowly unroll the textile until I reach the limits of the space. I was holding white textile between my legs and moving forward until I reached the limits. Next I went back in the same way and thanked for cooperation.
I went inside the Centre of Contemporary Art and cut the textile.
I took the rest and went deeper into the darkness. Viewers followed me.
For my action I used two columns, stretched the textile to the limit and wrapped my head. I was moving forward and backward, left and right, slow and fast, trying to give my body time to find the limit - until I lost all my energy. Not get overly tired so I won't pass out.
I finished by unwrapping my head and putting the light on.

Documentation : Przemysław Obarski





MAGDALENE OF THE SKIN COSMOS 2012/2013